Saturday 16 January 2016

Napoleonic French Division/ Corps Commander

The last pieces of wargaming work I finished in 2015 consisted of a mounted Divisional/ Corps command stand and a couple of terrain pieces. I was short of a proper senior command stand for my 28mm French Peninsula army so I thought it wouldn't take me long to paint one up. How wrong I was. I had the Front Rank and Brigade Games figures undercoated for months before I got around to finishing them off. However, I'm happy with the final result which is loosely based on Soult and his ADCs. Apparently Marshal Soult had an ADC who wore a yellow coat that would have made him stand out on the battlefield. The terrain pieces consist of a scratch-built fenced field and a cemetery using headstones from 4Ground. I'm not totally happy with the look of the headstones which might need a bit more dry brushing in 'Stone wall grey' to get the desired look.
A French general and his staff observing a battle 

The yellow-coated ADC and the gemeral are from Front Rank, while the two ADCs to the right are from Brigade Games


A scratch-built fenced field intended for my AWI and ACW games


The new versatile cemetery using 4Ground headstones 

   
Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with that cemetery Wayne! Lovely work all round mate.

    ReplyDelete